Baseball bats are made with different designs, purpose, and materials. It is intended to accommodate different specialties of hitters using the baseball bats. The quest for finding the best wood baseball bats begins with understanding the specification of each bat.
In this article, we are going to talk about the best baseball bats made by wood that allow you to get a perfect score. Not only help you in the game, but also your pocket by choosing the best in term of durability, performance, and -of course- the price.
Best Wood Baseball Bats 2018
1. BB-W Wooden Baseball Bat by Barnett
The first product of the best wood baseball bats that you should consider is BB-W Wooden Baseball Bat by Barnet. The material for this product is composite wood. This certain material is renowned for its high durability rate. The natural finish applied on the product makes it looks beautiful.
Aside from adults and professionals use, it is also suitable for children and beginners. Due to this feature, this particular product will give its best performance when being used on a practice session.
- high-quality composite wood
- strong and solid
- cheap price
- perfect bat for beginners and children
- the weight of each product is a little inconsistent
2. Genuine Series 3X Ash by Louisville Slugger
As you might expect from Genuine Series 3X Ash by Louisville Slugger, this baseball bat is made out of white ash wood. It is listed on the best wood baseball bats due to its lightweight feature. The bat comes in standard length of 35 inches and diameter of 3 inches. It is suitable for practice or tournament.
The bat is available in black and natural finish. The good reputation of its manufacturer ensures you that this product will not disappoint hitters in baseball games using this particular bat.
- ‘cool’ design
- it has two color’s choice (black and natural)
- lightweight with good weight distribution
- Handle may be too thin for some people
3. 125 Slow-Pitch Natural WB125SB-NA by Louisville Slugger
For better performance as the hitter on tournament or competition, you can rely on 125 Slow-Pitch Natural WB125SBNA baseball bat manufactured by Louisville Slugger.
It has a natural coating that reveals true nature of ash wood material. The weight of this bat is only 33 ounce, while the length is 34 inch. It is the same product used mostly by amateur or professional baseball players.
- cheap price
- ash wood bat
- not quite durable (compared to the other bats in this list)
4. 2014 Classic Bamboo Wood by Mizuno
On the list of the best wood baseball bats, the second product in this list is 2014 Classic Bamboo Wood Baseball Bat by Mizuno. There are several reasons why bamboo is used as the main material for this product. Bamboo offers good flexibility. It allows hitters to swing the bat without having to use their maximum power.
Therefore, it is excellent for being used for training purposes. The high durability of bamboo wood allows this bat to last for more than 30 years in normal use.
- solid bat with a nice look
- over 30 years of expertise in engineering of bamboo bats
- BBCOR certified
- sanded handle for better grip
- warranty for 90 days
- sometimes warranty process take weeks
- heavier than ash wood bat
5. Adiondack Youth Wood Bat by Rawlings
There are many good reasons why Adiondack Youth Wood Bat by Rawlings is categorized under the best wood baseball bats especially for youth. This wooden baseball bat takes advantage of high durability feature from ash wood as the main material.
The finishing uses the black coating. The smooth surface allows you to personalize it easily. The knob of this bat is engraved with laser. The barrel comes in medium size with the diameter of 2.5 inches. Meanwhile, the handle is only 1 inch. It gives better grip and easy swing.
- legal and perfect for youth league
- lightweight baseball bat
- better grip and easy swing
- cheap price, even can less than 20 dollars
- durability is not very high
6. K2000 North American Ash by Easton
White ash wood is often used for the best wood baseball bats. The K2000 North American Ash by Easton is a baseball bat that uses the same material. They choose this type of wood due to its lightweight and high durability reasons.
Therefore, it can be used easily yet does not break after few hits. The barrel of this product is engraved using laser technology.
Meanwhile, the length of its handle is about 16 inch. Due to the better handling it has, this particular product is highly advisable for training use.
- laser engraved barrel
- high durability
- perfect weight distribution
- good for both training or competition
- decent pop
7. Mako Ash Power Brigade by Easton
It should come as no surprise that most baseball bats manufactured by Easton are listed on the best wood baseball bats. Mako Ash Power Brigade is one of flagship product produced by Easton.
It has two color options to choose for the finishing. You can choose the natural color as the finish or the flashy orange one.
This particular wooden baseball bat is highly advisable for hitters who want to improve their accuracy. The tapered handle provides better grip when being used to swing.
- flashy looks
- cheap price, less than 40 dollars
- solid bat with great accuracy and good balance
- heavier than most ash wood baseball bats
8. Natural Baseball Bat by Flashtek
If you are looking for the best wood baseball bats that are suitable for practice, you might want to consider Natural Baseball Bat by Flashtek. Compared to baseball bat used for tournament or league, this particular product has slightly smaller dimension.
The length of this product is only 25 inches with the diameter of 2 ¼ inches. Therefore, it is also good for children as well. As the name suggests, it uses natural finish in two tones. Meanwhile, the material used is hardwood material.
- strong and natural solid bat
- good size for hitting the balls
- perfect for practicing your skill in hitting the ball
- ‘plain’ design
9. S1 Hybrid Maple/Bamboo Wood by Easton
With better technology, Easton improves their wooden baseball bat products with hybrid wood. This technology allows S1 Hybrid Maple/Bamboo Wood becomes a part of the best wood baseball bats. As you might expect, it has the flexibility of bamboo wood and durability of maple wood. The combination of those wood specialties makes this baseball bat give better performance.
It is highly recommended to use this product on tournaments or other baseball competitions. The surface is coated with the black finish.
- it has an excellent quality in stability, flexibility, and balance
- Cupped End Cap for lighter swing weight
- Composite Hybrid with durable bamboo core
- warranty for 90 days
- durability is not very high
10. Youth 125 Ash Genuine by Louisville Slugger
Most of the baseball bats manufactured by Louisville Slugger are made out of ash wood. The Youth 125 Ash Genuine series is not an exception for it. It comes in standard baseball bats for tournaments.
The design of this product comes in unfinished condition. It is intentionally designed this way in order to let the hitter finish the product with their favorite finishing.
This certain product becomes popular due to the customized benefit it has to offer. Additional cost might be applied if you request for a product with the finished coating.
- strong and durable baseball bat
- nicely made and perfected for youth
- comfort grip even in the rainy condition
- unfinished design (maybe good or bad thing for some people)
As you can see from the list of the best wood baseball bats above, the material used for it is diverse as well. Birch and maple are the popular options for bats. Some manufacturer might produce high-quality bats out of white ash. Regardless the material used, they share something in common. Those bats have high durability rate.